The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for parts of the Northern Rivers, Mid North Coast, Hunter, Metropolitan, Illawarra, Central Tablelands and Northern Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large hailstones and damaging winds over the next several hours in parts of the Hunter, Metropolitan, Illawarra and Central Tablelands districts. Locations which may be affected include Penrith, Campbelltown, Orange, Bathurst and Katoomba.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* If you are trapped by flash flooding, seek refuge in the highest
available place and ring 000 if you need rescue.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets
indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES [NSW and
ACT] on 132 500.
For emergency assistance call '000' immediately.
Inspector Eric Berry
Community Safety Officer
NSW RURAL FIRE SERVICE
Blue Mountains District
Cnr Valley and Bathurst Roads
Katoomba NSW 2780
T: 02 4784 7444
M: 0414 195 615
F: 02 4784 7461
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this email and any copies or links to this email completely and immediately from your system. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the NSW Rural Fire Service.