Good Morning Everyone,
There are two planned prescribed burns being undertaken over the next few days, weather permitting. The details are below:
1. Friday night, 26/3/10: Shipley Road, x 4.5 Ha.
2. Sunday 28/3/10: Bonton Rd, Springwood x 3 ha
These hazard reduction burns are part of a planned bushfire fuel reduction designed to protect life and property from intense wildfires. Hazard reduction will not completely stop bushfires from starting and spreading, but can assist firefighters with containment strategies and property protection.
All landholders, including private property, must treat bushfire hazards on their own land and prepare their own properties adequately and effectively to cope with bushfire.
Residents around the hazard reduction burn areas are reminded to take the following precautions:
- Keep doors and windows closed to prevent smoke entering homes
- Keep outdoor furniture under cover to prevent ember burns
- Retract pool covers to prevent ember damage
- Remove washing from clotheslines
- Ensure pets have a protected area
- Vehicles must slow down, keep windows up, turn headlights on
- Sightseers must keep away from burns for their own safety
- If you have asthma or a lung condition, reduce outdoor activities if smoke levels are high and if shortness of breath or coughing develops, take your reliever medicine or seek medical advice
This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this email and any copies or
links to this email completely and immediately from your system. Views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the NSW Rural Fire Service.