FRNSW and BMCC are undertaking a small hazard reduction burn in Medlow Park today.
As the prescribed burn will generate smoke, hot embers and heat, it is important that you consider the following:
... • Keep doors and windows closed to prevent smoke entering homes
• Keep outdoor furniture under cover to prevent ember burns
• Retract pool covers to prevent ember damage
• Remove washing from clotheslines
• Ensure pets have a protected area
• If you are driving a vehicle, slow down, keep windows up and turn headlights on
• If you have asthma or a lung condition, reduce outdoor activities. If smoke levels are high and if shortness of breath or coughing develops, take your reliever medicine or seek medical advice
Avoid approaching this area for some time after the completion of the hazard reduction as there may be falling limbs and trees as well as hot ash.