Hazard Reduction Notification
Please be advised that weather permitting the NSW Rural Fire Service, Blue Mountains District, along with NSW Fire Brigades and National Parks & Wildlife Service (NPWS) are intending to undertake hazard reduction burning at the following locations from Saturday 2nd October – Sunday 3rd October 2010.
The locations and size of the hazard reductions are as follows:
· Date: Saturday 2nd October – Sunday 3rd October 2010
· Name of HR Grose Rd West
· Location Grose Rd to Shirlow Ave, FAULCONBRIDGE
· Size 101 Hectares
· Map UBD Reference 15 J16
· Date Saturday 2nd October – Sunday 3rd October 2010
· Name of HR Lynches Creek South
· Location Hawkesbury Rd, Hawkesbury Heights
· Size 777 Hectares
· Map UBD Reference: 17 L4
The proposed hazard reductions have been endorsed by the Blue Mountains Bush Fire Management Committee.
Residents are advised that there may be a large amount of smoke at times and to keep doors and windows closed. Residents are also asked to avoid the area whilst the operations are in progress.
· For information on obtaining and preparing a Bush Fire Survival Plan go to the RFS website at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
· For information on Neighbourhood Safer Places (NSP) go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
· For information in relation to bush fire hazards and preparing your property contact your local Rural Fire Brigade Station or your local NSW RFS Fire Control Centre.
PREPARE. ACT. SURVIVE.