Good afternoon everyone,
There are two planned prescribed burns being undertaken over this weekend, weather permitting. The details are below:
1. Saturday & Sunday, 15-16/May/10 : Robyn Road, Winmalee = approx 90ha
2. Saturday & Sunday, 15-16/May/10: Chapman Pde, Faulconbridge = approx 70ha
These hazard reduction burns are part of a planned bushfire fuel reduction designed to protect life and property from intense wildfires. Hazard reduction will not completely stop bushfires from starting and spreading, but can assist firefighters with containment strategies and property protection.
All landholders, including private property, must treat bushfire hazards on their own land and prepare their own properties adequately and effectively to cope with bushfire.
Residents around the hazard reduction burn areas are reminded to take the following precautions:
- Keep doors and windows closed to prevent smoke entering homes
- Keep outdoor furniture under cover to prevent ember burns
- Retract pool covers to prevent ember damage
- Remove washing from clotheslines
- Ensure pets have a protected area
- Vehicles must slow down, keep windows up, turn headlights on
- Sightseers must keep away from burns for their own safety – this includes bushwalkers, mountain bikers and dog walkers.